I love to read. I really, REALLY love to read. I belong to four different book clubs, so you know I'm seriously ill or just serious when I say that. However, I tend to read fairly quickly and when I'm done and onto the next book, sometimes I forget. So this is a spot for me to recollect my faves, share the new goodies I've encountered, and, quite frankly, . . . to remind myself what I've read. : ) If you have a fabulous find you've read recently, send me an email and I'll read it next!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Fablehaven Books 1 & 2

One of my new favorite things is to read books with my kids--not the picture ones before naps or bedtime, but the big series-chapter-type that we read at the same time, just not out loud or sitting next to each other.  That still sounds pretty vague . . . let me try to explain : )  Daniel and I got caught up in the whirlwind of the 39 Clues Series.  SO FUN!!!  While we were waiting for Book 7, we found Percy Jackson and The Olympians.  LOVE IT!  So now that we're done with Percy (Daniel actually read the entire series three times in less than four months--it is THAT GOOD!), Daniel talked me into starting Fablehaven.  I am NOT a fantasy fan, but he is, so for his sake I decided to give it a go.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like the characters, even though the plot seems extremely predictable and I get frustrated at the juvenile-ity of it sometimes.  (it is, after all, Juvenile Fiction!)  I have really enjoyed soaring through them, nice easy reads with interesting and creative monsters, fairies, creatures of all sorts, etc.  (Especially after the deep dark unanswered-question-posing that was The Pact!)  All I can say is thank goodness the entire series is out at once!

On to Book 3!

****

No comments:

Post a Comment