I love to read. I really, REALLY love to read. I belong to four different book clubs, so you know I'm seriously ill or just serious when I say that. However, I tend to read fairly quickly and when I'm done and onto the next book, sometimes I forget. So this is a spot for me to recollect my faves, share the new goodies I've encountered, and, quite frankly, . . . to remind myself what I've read. : ) If you have a fabulous find you've read recently, send me an email and I'll read it next!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Wednesday Letters

This was such a fun, easy read.  A lovely fluff book, but with good messages and a fun epilogue at the end.  I really liked the characters, I loved the concept of weekly letter-writing, and it left me wanting to do something similar.  Maybe just in my journal, but the idea of doing it is the important part.  I have found many times in my life that strong emotions, particularly angry frustrating ones, are best expressed on paper. Then, once it's out of your system, if it continues to be a problem, it can be expressed verbally and in a much better manner than the original outpouring of emotion that probably wasn't organized or thought out or logical at all.  Chances are, however, that once it's out on paper, it's easy to let go of, and both parties involved are better off for never having had the emotional outburst in the first place!

Overall, I'd recommend this book because it made me want to be better for having read it!

****

No comments:

Post a Comment