I love to read. I really, REALLY love to read. I belong to four different book clubs, so you know I'm seriously ill or just serious when I say that. However, I tend to read fairly quickly and when I'm done and onto the next book, sometimes I forget. So this is a spot for me to recollect my faves, share the new goodies I've encountered, and, quite frankly, . . . to remind myself what I've read. : ) If you have a fabulous find you've read recently, send me an email and I'll read it next!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Red Scarf Girl

by Ji-Li Jiang

This was a fast read.  I found myself grateful for her candid honesty, as well as for the epilogue where she answers the questions I had throughout the book.  I really don't get how the adults of the time period allowed this to happen, and even though she describes it, how the children got so caught up in the fervor of Mao and his insanity.  I am undereducated in this topic, however, and freely admit that.  I am also extremely grateful that I haven't had to live through that.

No comments:

Post a Comment