I love to read. I really, REALLY love to read. I belong to four different book clubs, so you know I'm seriously ill or just serious when I say that. However, I tend to read fairly quickly and when I'm done and onto the next book, sometimes I forget. So this is a spot for me to recollect my faves, share the new goodies I've encountered, and, quite frankly, . . . to remind myself what I've read. : ) If you have a fabulous find you've read recently, send me an email and I'll read it next!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Three Weeks With My Brother

by Nicholas Sparks

This was a fantastic read--I enjoyed it quite a bit!  I loved how he kept switching time periods (seems like that's a common literary technique, but it works), and discovering the characters of him and his brother.  I appreciated his candid honesty, and the "real life" qualities and traits that he describes in his family.  They had quite a rough time of it growing up, but not realizing it.  Being the only two left in the family, Nicholas and Micah are pretty close, and it reminded me of me and my siblings.  To go on a trip together, without spouses, parents, or kids, would be so fun!  I probably wouldn't want to do the same trip they did, even though it sounds amazing.

I read this right after Dave and I went on our own amazing trip, so I could totally relate to the feelings he had seeing the amazing history of the different cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment