I love to read. I really, REALLY love to read. I belong to four different book clubs, so you know I'm seriously ill or just serious when I say that. However, I tend to read fairly quickly and when I'm done and onto the next book, sometimes I forget. So this is a spot for me to recollect my faves, share the new goodies I've encountered, and, quite frankly, . . . to remind myself what I've read. : ) If you have a fabulous find you've read recently, send me an email and I'll read it next!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Saving Cee-Cee Honeycut

by Beth Hoffman

This was a sweet, refreshing read after a couple of WW II stories.  I'd had enough of the drama and the angst, and the craziness involved with that era, so this was wonderful and I completely devoured it!  It is a mix between The Help and Secret Life of Bees, with emphasis on the Southern women running the show, genuinely caring for each other, and displaying Southern Hospitality at it's finest.  It was a little too sweet at times, and completely predictable, but I didn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment