I love to read. I really, REALLY love to read. I belong to four different book clubs, so you know I'm seriously ill or just serious when I say that. However, I tend to read fairly quickly and when I'm done and onto the next book, sometimes I forget. So this is a spot for me to recollect my faves, share the new goodies I've encountered, and, quite frankly, . . . to remind myself what I've read. : ) If you have a fabulous find you've read recently, send me an email and I'll read it next!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown (and Angels & Demons)

Being a humanities major, the first time I read this I pulled out my art history books so I could refer to the same paintings at the same time.  I had studied all of them, and found most of what Brown pointed out, but not to the same extent obviously and not with clues in hand.  Despite the overbearing romance I really enjoyed the plot line, the racing suspense, and of course, the art!  After I finished this book, my first thought was, I am so grateful to know the truth!  Probably not Brown's intentions, but this one non-religious fiction strengthened my testimony! : )  I read Angels and Demons some time later, and while it was much more grotesque and not for the faint-of-heart, I managed to suspend my beliefs about crazy lunatics and square yards of fabrics and enjoyed the art again.  Another moment of gratitude for the truth that I have, enjoy, and know to be the whole truth, and a moment of wondering how many questions readers of this book (and the first) would have after finishing them.  Go missionaries! : )

***** for DaVinci Code
*** for Angels and Demons

No comments:

Post a Comment