I love to read. I really, REALLY love to read. I belong to four different book clubs, so you know I'm seriously ill or just serious when I say that. However, I tend to read fairly quickly and when I'm done and onto the next book, sometimes I forget. So this is a spot for me to recollect my faves, share the new goodies I've encountered, and, quite frankly, . . . to remind myself what I've read. : ) If you have a fabulous find you've read recently, send me an email and I'll read it next!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

This was the first book we read as a bookclub, and we loved it!  It was an easy read, but gave us some serious discussions about other views of the afterlife.  I really liked the idea of being able to "walk" back through your life with the ones waiting for you, and having everything described and explained.  Heaven knows (haha--no pun intended there!) that there are many times and experiences in my life when I looked up and said "why?" or "what the heck was that?" or something similar.  I didn't make it completely through Albom's first book, Tuesday's With Morrie, but maybe after this I will.

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment