I love to read. I really, REALLY love to read. I belong to four different book clubs, so you know I'm seriously ill or just serious when I say that. However, I tend to read fairly quickly and when I'm done and onto the next book, sometimes I forget. So this is a spot for me to recollect my faves, share the new goodies I've encountered, and, quite frankly, . . . to remind myself what I've read. : ) If you have a fabulous find you've read recently, send me an email and I'll read it next!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Girl With The Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

This was another book that appealed to my humanities major.  I loved comparing the characters to the paintings, and the setting was so foreign and yet very familiar from my studies.  I fell in love with the characters, and thought Chevalier did a fabulous job of bringing them to life in a very realistic and credible manner.  I haven't seen the movie yet--they usually spoil the book for me, but I've heard good reviews about it, so maybe someday . . . : )

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment