I love to read. I really, REALLY love to read. I belong to four different book clubs, so you know I'm seriously ill or just serious when I say that. However, I tend to read fairly quickly and when I'm done and onto the next book, sometimes I forget. So this is a spot for me to recollect my faves, share the new goodies I've encountered, and, quite frankly, . . . to remind myself what I've read. : ) If you have a fabulous find you've read recently, send me an email and I'll read it next!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Laura Schlessinger

This was a VERY interesting book to read.  It saved more than one marriage in our book club!  I really appreciated Dr. Laura's advice on men, and the realistic approach to being a wife and what it entails to "take care" of your man.  I think it is good for women to recognize and remember what priorities men have that we don't, and be able to give credit to those priorities even when we might think they're crap.  It's like my favorite marriage counselor, Taylor Hartman (who wrote The Color Code) taught me.  Honor him and his feelings/priorities/desires, and he will jump over fences to honor yours.  I love that she went beyond "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" adage to some more real and finer points, and had many real-life examples.  This is a definite must-read for any wife (newly-wed or not!) along with The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman.  I wish Dr. Laura or Mr. Chapman would write one on kiddos . . . : )

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment