I love to read. I really, REALLY love to read. I belong to four different book clubs, so you know I'm seriously ill or just serious when I say that. However, I tend to read fairly quickly and when I'm done and onto the next book, sometimes I forget. So this is a spot for me to recollect my faves, share the new goodies I've encountered, and, quite frankly, . . . to remind myself what I've read. : ) If you have a fabulous find you've read recently, send me an email and I'll read it next!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Gettysburg, a Novel of the Civil War by Newt Gringrich & William R. Forstchen

Being a historical fiction fan, this one appealed to me.  It was a "what-if" scenario at the Battle of Gettysburg, with the South winning instead of the North.  In preparation for this discussion, I did a TON of research on what actually DID happen at Gettysburg, so when I read the novel I'd know what the turning points were.  (This was back in 2004, so please forgive me for not enumerating them here!)  I found it intriguing and so so grateful that the North did win, despite the immense number of casualties.  I went to Gettysburg when I was 12 with my family, and driving around with my dad was incredibly bored.  After reading this, I would LOVE to go back and bore my own children to death. : )

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment