I love to read. I really, REALLY love to read. I belong to four different book clubs, so you know I'm seriously ill or just serious when I say that. However, I tend to read fairly quickly and when I'm done and onto the next book, sometimes I forget. So this is a spot for me to recollect my faves, share the new goodies I've encountered, and, quite frankly, . . . to remind myself what I've read. : ) If you have a fabulous find you've read recently, send me an email and I'll read it next!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin

This was as creepy a book as I'll ever read--I'm REALLY not good at the horror or scary stuff, so I balked originally at the choosing of this book.  However, every October we read something stupid scary, so this was the choice our first year (2004).  It has a very intriguing plot line, and I enjoyed it even though it was totally creepy.  I have actually seen the movie for this one, and it confirmed my opinion about movies-made-from-books--disappointing!  I liked the book better, and the characters in my head better.  So creepiness aside, this was a good read.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment